The Perfect Bowl
This is our favourite way to enjoy Boa Vida Açai
200g frozen acai
70ml nut or oat milk
1/2 medium frozen banana or 1 small
- Run the frozen açai packs under water for 10 seconds to start that thawing process. Set aside for a few minutes. Don’t allow to thaw completely.
- Add liquid to a high speed blender then add banana.
- Cut açai packs in half (along dotted line) and break up into small chunks into the blender.
- Blend for 10 seconds and stop. Bash the mix, especially the açai blocks, with a wooden spoon. Blend again. Repeat process until thick, gelato-like consistency is achieved.
- Serve cold with toppings, i.e. fresh berries, granola, mixed seeds, nuts, dates, banana, coconut chips (toasted are best, bee pollen, nut butter and/or honey.
- • Go easy on the liquid. Especially if açai has melted. Key to a thick creamy consistency is less liquid and allowing those healthy fats to separate & icy chunks to thaw/blend.
- • Once thawed, consume açai within 24hrs.
- • We always recommend making an açai bowl with frozen açai. Preparing açai bowls with frozen açai helps to achieve a better consistently over all. Frozen banana helps too!
- • A Thermomix is great for pre-blending açai; make the mix ahead of a busy period and store in the fridge ready to be served.
- • Thawing time: 25-30 mins at room temp.
- • Store frozen at -18C.
Find us at Planet Organic & independent stores across the UK
or shop online at the Organic Delivery Co.