How to boost your breakfast with a dose of antioxidants and omega fats? Check the recipe here and enjoy with porridge, pancakes and toast.
1 pack (100g) of frozen açai (broken into chunks)
1/2 cup frozen blueberries (or other berries / fruit)
1/2 lemon, juiced
3 tbsp chia seeds
1 tbsp maple syrup, or any other liquid sweetener
- Add all your ingredients except chia seeds to a small saucepan and cook over medium heat.
- Bring to a low boil, then reduce heat & simmer for 5 minutes.
- Gently mash with a fork or back of spoon & simmer for another 5-10 minutes until sauce starts to thicken. Remove from the heat.
- Stir through chia seeds until well combined. Once cooled, store in an airtight container/jar in the fridge for up to 1 week.
- Serve with extra-special freshly baked bread - you deserve it!!