Creamy açai sandwiched between irresistible salty charcoal biscuits.
A snack that'd delicious and nutritious - transforming you to a magical state of mind. Fall in love with how food makes your feel!
Açaí Ice Cream
200g frozen açai
200g / 2 medium frozen bananas, chopped into small pieces
3 tbsp (50g) creamy almond butter
1 tbsp flax seeds, ground
80g coconut sugar
75 almond butter
1-2 tbsp molasses
100g vegan butter
1 tbsp charcoal powder (optional)
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
300g gluten free flour blend
- Preheat the oven to 170 degrees celsius.
Açaí Ice Cream
- Blend the Açaí ice cream ingredients together in a high powered blender until smooth and thick, then pour the ice cream into a container to set while the cookies are made.
- To make the cookies first make a flax egg by whisking the ground flax seeds with 3 tbsp of water in a small bowl and leaving them to gel.
- In a separate larger bowl cream the coconut sugar, butter, almond butter and molasses until light and cream and then fold through the dry ingredients, the dough should easily come together and roll into a ball.
- Roll the cookie dough between two sheets of baking paper to 1⁄2 cm thick and cut the cookies into 3inch rounds with a rig mound or cookie cutter.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes until lightly golden at the edges and remove them from the oven, let them sit on the tray for 5 minutes and then transfer to a cooling rack.
- To serve, ensure the cookies are cool before scooping the ice cream and pacing each scoop between two cookies. Eat immediately or freeze once again in the freezer before eating.
- Keep in the freezer for up to one month and allow them to slightly thaw before eating. Enjoy and savour every bite!